Monday, October 16, 2006

Bad Habits, Bad Jobs and Bad Spinach

I'm kind of irritated today: the kind of slow and reasonless irritation that comes from being exhausted, frustrated, bored and moments away from going to work.

I went grocery shopping to get out, today. Before that, I went to the manicurist to get my fake nails taken off. I have [had] the horrible horrible habit of biting at my nails and cuticles- mostly to the point where I have ripped bits of flesh and nail sticking out of the ends of my fingers. On the advice of a friend, I went to get acrylic nails put on. You can't bite acrylic nails, and because they feel so foreign, you really don't want to- and if you leave them on long enough, you will break the habit.

Well, she recommended a month, but after two weeks of those motherfuckers, I couldn't take it anymore. I was pretty much counting the minutes until the nail place opened for business today so I could get the things taken off. I'd rather bite my nails than have trashy acrylic foreign bodies glued to my body. That, and they clicked on everything I touched.

I felt the need to move to Jersey or something.

So, today my nails are short, natural and a light shade of pink (since I had to have them painted over to cover all of the scratches from removing the acrylics). I feel significantly better- and my hands look at lot prettier to me. I might keep going back to get regular manicures, I mean...I can spare $24/month for nice nails- especially if the thought of destroying a manicure would keep me from biting my nails and cuticles.

We'll see.

I'm not looking forward to work tonight. I'd rather crawl into bed and sleep for three days straight. I suppose it's probably because I've completely resolved to find a new job tomorrow, and the joy of knowing that I probably won't rely on the Shithole for the majority of my income makes going to the Shithole that much harder.


Oh, and I finally got some fresh spinach today- tomorrow, there will be a fantastic spinach salad consumed in my apartment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't you miss the wine tastings?

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home