Friday, September 15, 2006

Taylor Tawny Day!

One of the things I actually like about my job is that every 3 months, we change the wine list...and that means that there is a wine tasting.



Why yes, I will come in and sample all of the wines off of the list.

Oh, we have a new port and champagne? Yes, I will come in tomorrow for a glass of each.

You want us to have a sample chocolate mousse with that port? Yes, I will sacrifice an hour of my life for dark chocolate mousse and port. No, I'm not mad that you're only paying me $10/hr to eat chocolate mousse and drink port; but next time, I want to make money more comparable to an hour of work on the floor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While in college (Miami University, Oxford, Ohio) I worked at a restaurant/bar.

The Christmas party featured an open bar. Not to mention loud music.

We weren't getting paid to be there that night ... but it was still really sweet. (Although we said, "really swell" back then. Well, maybe "really cool.")

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home