Wednesday, April 12, 2006

chatting with friends.

I just finished a hilarious conversation with a dear friend, and because a lot of it contains slander of an unnamed local artist, I will only quote some parts.

Set up: Friend M is a music-scene busy body, and somehow gets her body around. She managed to spend part of the weekend in the fabulous company of Carlos D. (a la Interpol), Nick Zinner (a la The Yeah Yeah Yeahs), Ryan Gentles (owner of Wiz Kid Management), and most importantly Wolf Parade. It just so happens that Local Glam Band has managed to offend Friend M by not paying enough attention to her during the after party from their previous show, so she neglects to tell them where she is partying- but rather, she just lets them know with whom she holds court. This launched into a conversation of just how sold out the Wolf Parade US tour is.

[02:43] Me: I would like to know how to get some fucking tickets. I dragged my feet because I figured that they were still an obscure Canadian band...and that I could get tickets fairly easily. Especially because Boyfriend loves the band- and he loves the most obscure stuff available.
[02:43] Friend M: but I'm sure you could walk the line
[02:43] Me: Guess what? Pitchfork has sucked the Wolf Parade cock, and everyone now loves this band. And I'm not going to be a streetwalker for the latest fad that Boyfriend likes.
[02:43] Friend M: they heart wolf parade
[02:44] Friend M: like can't get enough
[02:44] Me: maybe Wolf Parade drinks a lot of pineapple juice.


I suppose that one's only funny if you've read enough of those advice magazines that give tips on how to make certain unpleasant things a little more...tolerable.

__________________________________________
Set Up: Friend M and I are both involved in liberal politics, so we often commiserate. We were discussing the President's and Vice President's most recent approval ratings (38% and 22%, respectively) and lamenting about how unpopular the movement to censure is.

[02:52] Friend M: I've lost faith man
[02:52] Friend M: awful bloggers have book deals
[02:52] Friend M: celebs are djing
[02:52] Friend M: the president is fucking us
[02:52] Friend M: gas prices are high, health insurance blows
[02:53] Friend M: gwyneth named her kid moses
[02:53] Friend M: it's the fucking apocalypse


speaking of Gwyneth Paltrow and her newest brat...

[02:54] Me: I mean, Christ...how self-important do you have to be to name your kid Moses?
02:54] Friend M: after the Coldplay song
[02:54] Friend M: I wanted to punch myself in the face
[02:55] Me: I mean, you have to be a complete ass to name your kid "Apple" and assume you can get away with that shit...but to name your kid "Moses?"
[02:57] Me: There should be a way to vote these people out of the gene pool. We should be able to rise up and say "Yes, we get it! You're thin, beautiful and rich! You win life! But for the love of God, don't make any irritating little pricks to follow in your footsteps. Ff you want kids, you can adopt like a thousand of those little African kids for $30/mo, each"





Today's compliment: Boyfriend keeps up with current music industry personalities without bothering to know about the gossip- like what Christ Martin let his wife name his son. Which is Moses. Which makes me want to kill myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home